Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding Bells

For those wondering, if you haven't heard, I am, in fact, getting married. And after attending the wedding and reception yesterday, I have compiled a list of demands for my wedding.

1) Christa needs to walk down the aisle to the music from Tetris A, a theme from the popular game.

2) Before the vows, I want one of my best friends to sing a part from "Darkness and Starlight," the opera from Final Fantasy VI.

3) Karaoke at the reception.

4) Live Twitter, Facebook, and Ustream feed.

5) A false brick wall on the altar so that when the priest says "Do you take her to be your lawfully wedded wife?" I can jump through and scream "OH YEAH!"

6) Honeymoon to either Hawaii or over the rainbow.

7) Wedding vows to be exchanged with the lyrics to "I Would Do Anything For Love".

Another fun wedding game involves finding songs that she would never consent to us dancing to for our first dance.

1. "It's Too Late" by Rodney Carrington

"It's too late. Now we're married.
'Till we're dead and buried...
You're stuck with me, and I'm stuck with you.
Baby, it's too late, and there's nothing we can do..."

A lovely song that really describes marriage well.

2. "Three Little Words" by DaVinci's Notebook

A wonderful homage to Meatloaf, DaVinci's Notebook sings a song in the style of the classic "Bat out of Hell" and describes the three little words that the man has been longing to sing to his woman.

"Pull my finger."

3. "Your Love Is..." by Paul and Storm

While my love is a "tiny puppy, knowing only love," clearly her love is "an underground dog-fighting ring, catching me and keeping me in a cage" and "death holds no meaning for me just like Christopher Walken..."

Her love is Christopher Walken.

4. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf

I like the prospect of a song that says "I will love you until the end of time" followed immediately by "and now I'm praying for the end of time." It makes me weep.

If these demands are not met, a disaster beyond your imagination will occur... Ok. The Phantom of the Opera reference might've been too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment